Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My first post: Travel and Training

Hi Everyone! Just thought I'd give a quick note to say that I indeed made it to Japan safely last night. After 30ish hours of flying and waiting in airports, I arrived at Narita airport in Tokyo. There I met the other AEON teachers in my training group, and we all got on a bus->walk->taxi to get to the training facility. They're a great bunch of people from all over US, UK, and Canada, and I think we'll have a lot of fun together.

Today was the first day of training - a half day, since everyone is still jet-lagged to some degree.We learned the ins and outs of how the company works, and were done around 3pm. The most exciting part was everybody finding out about the apartments we'll be living in. I'd go into some details,  but I think I'll leave that for when I actually get there in a week and a half (and hopefully have pictures!).

After training, I went out with a group including 6 other teachers for dinner near the Omiya train station. The restaurant was nice, and the way it was set up was so cool (at least to me, a foreigner). We ordered food on a touch screen, which was then quickly brought out to us. Everybody ate a little of everything. I had some edamame, an onigiri, a bite each of fried chicken and takoyaki, some noodle dish that I never caught the name of, and a "caesar" salad (which had little in common with what I thought a caesar salad would be). Everything was delicious.

I'll try to keep posting in my free time. Perhaps once a week or after notable events. I also hope to have more pictures in the future (though first I have to take some >_> ).

2 comments:

  1. HI JOEL WE GOT YOUR BLOG AND ENJOYED READING IT. WE WILL TALK TO YOU LATER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel, that last comment was from your Nana. We are still figuring out this new way of communicating. Love you!

    ReplyDelete